KimStanleyRobinson.info

The reference site for Kim Stanley Robinson

2009 – Galileo’s Dream

Discuss the novel Galileo’s Dream

Comments

2 responses to “2009 – Galileo’s Dream”

  1. Marshall Cohen Avatar
    Marshall Cohen

    I am really struggling with Galileo’s Dream. I like the premise and plot ideas, but the “hard science” is way overdone , boring and detracts from the story in my judgment. Galileo is either grouchy and sour or immersed too deep in temporal physics I do not understand and cannot relate to the overall story. Ilike science fiction and read a lot, but I have put this one down halfway through. Too much other stuff to read that I will like better.

  2. Marshall Cohen Avatar
    Marshall Cohen

    Really struggling with Galileo’s Dream. Like the premise and the plot but the “hard science” is way overdone and boring and detracting from the story. Either Galileo is sour and a grouch or immersed in stuff I just do not understand to that depth. Would love to finish but have put it down for now. I read a lot of sci-fi, but this one is out of balance if you ask me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *