Discuss the novel 2312
2012 – 2312
Comments
7 responses to “2012 – 2312”
-
Really Kim? I’m 30 pages in to the tedious 2312 and you’ve managed to disparage autistic folks twice. That’s lazy writing at best and typically an indication that you’ve submerged your own autism from the pressures exerted by society.
I’d also speculate the captchas testing commenter’s fan worthiness is an autist trait. -
p72 “A kind of Menard graphic. The size of the spheres is determined by a compound function…” but, Menard seems to be misspelled… it should be Minard → https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/229-vital-statistics-of-a-deadly-campaign-the-minard-map/
-
Clos
I don’t know for certain, but knowing the authors style, I’d bet it’s a made up word to mean to pump one’s self full of adrenalin. Since there’s no English word to convey exactly that, Robinson created one.
-
Dear all,
I am a PhD student in English linguistics, and I came across the verb “adrenalate” in the novel 2312. Here is the extract if it helps:
<< The cat began to shift onto Swan’s branch. Quite a weight to sway it that much.
“Pauline, any suggestions here?”
“Scare it,” Pauline said. “Adrenalate fully, then do something bizarre.”
Swan twisted and let go, fell feetfirst into the face of the cat, screaming as loud as she could. When her feet hit something else, she clasped branches to her and felt something smash into her ribs. Air knocked out of her, no more scream. She scrabbled with her feet for some purchase, found none, looked down. The cat was on the ground, looking up at her. Swan screamed again, felt the stab of a cracked rib. She changed to a raging shout, cursing the cat foully. Kill it like Archilochus. Grating, painful snarl of a voice, bitter shrieking that hurt her throat and screeched unbearably in her own ears, the sound making her aware she had lost it. The cat heaved a heavy sigh and padded away >>
Well, I am very interested in this verb “adrenalate”, as I might include it in my data to analyse, but I don’t understand what it means or where does it come from. Could anyone help me out?
I thank you very, very much in advance
-
I would like to ask when and if “2312” will be released in Italy market.
I hope soon as much of Kim Novels…
-
Hi! I think it is necessary to add in the chapter about translations a new information that the novel “2312” is published in Russia. I bought this book in the shop yesterday and was reading it half a night with a great pleasure. It was really hard to stop and go to sleep 🙂 Big thanks to the author!
-
I just finished 2312 and I found it so compelling I couldn’t put it down. I think the author’s love and fear of humanity is in tune with the anxiety all of us feel right now- troubled times that we could all participate in fixing.
I thought the outpouring of technical data alongside the fiction or even scifi fantasy to be in good balance, very enjoyable.
One note- Laksmi is not Kali’s boss. Read the Devi Mahatmyam.:)
Leave a Reply